What is CBD?
CBD is a cannabinoid. Cannabinoids are the primary chemical compounds that make up cannabis. CBD has significant health benefits but does not have psychoactive effects. This means that it does not alter your state of mind. All of our products are naturally derived from hemp.
Who can benefit from CBD?
Many people have found relief from anxiety, depression, menstrual symptoms, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, seizures, sore muscles, chronic pain, localized pain, arthritis, dementia, cancer, IBS, PTSD, nausea, and many other health conditions by using CBD.
The Various Methods of Consuming CBD
Here are some of the different methods of using CBD, as well as some pros and cons you might want to consider before choosing the method that works for you.
- Tincture: This can come in drop or spray form which is delivered directly into the mouth. This is the most widely advocated, and the easiest to control the dose of. However, not all bottles display the per dose amount, so choose carefully.
- This method is the most popular method of CBD consumption. Because it comes in liquid form, users appreciate the ease of quantifying and measuring the proper dosage for their ailments. Sublingual application is the typical method utilized with tinctures.
- Tinctures are capable of carrying the most amount of CBD per volume versus the other methods of CBD.
- Topicals: These are balms or body rubs, which are considered as possibly the safest and most cautious way to use CBD. However, a lot of it is needed to provide an effective dose, which can make it very expensive to use. The dose is never precise because it is “eye balled”.
- Edibles: From foodstuffs like gummies and muffins to pills, finding CBD-enhanced foods or pills is relatively easy, and it’s certainly the tastiest way to ingest it. However, it also takes much longer to absorb since it has to go through your digestive system before it ends up in the bloodstream. Some edibles are not able to carry adequate dosages.
- Vape pens: While these are the fastest form of delivering CBD into the bloodstream and are easy to use, it is also very difficult to control your dosage, given how easy it is to continuously use vape pens.
One form may be more effective for you than others, so the fact that you might not find edibles or topicals effective does not mean that CBD doesn’t necessarily work for you. If you want to control your dosage levels, however, tinctures are the most recommended form.